ABRACADABRA!™ – The Yearly Review
A Yearly Review to Help Make Your Dreams Come True
Reviews are essential to transformation and progress. Weekly, monthly and annual reviews provide a chance for reflection and for creating our lives in the way that’s most optimal for making dreams come true!
Here’s The Abracadabra! Yearly Review.
Set aside about 30 minutes to spend in a clean, uninterrupted space. Ask yourself the following questions and write down your answers. Upon completion, store the Review and your answers in a place that’s easy to locate, because you’ll want to review your answers at next year’s Annual Review.
- Look at the review you did at the end of last year. How does it make you feel to remember yourself as you were year ago? Did what you hoped for come to pass?
- What brought you the most joy this year?
- What are you grateful for that happened this year?
- What was a risk you took this year for which you’re grateful to yourself?
- What was your biggest disappointment? Create a new intention in that area that will turn it around for you.
- Who were the people who meant the most to you this year and in what way?
- What were your primary accomplishments and completed projects?
- In what area of your life did you make the most progress?
- Write one sentence to describe this past year.
Creating the Future
- What do you want to phase out of your life in the next year?
- What current projects will carry over into the new year? Clarify them as needed.
- Is there any personal area that you need or want to improve next year (e.g., related to relationships, health, personal effectiveness)?
- What do you want most to change next year, whether in yourself or in your external situation?
- In what area do you want to experience more freedom and less self-censorship?
- What are you looking forward to?
- Write one sentence that describes the year you’re hoping for.
- Turn that sentence into an intention, like this: My Intention is to ….
The Completion Ceremony
- What praise would you like to receive for the efforts you’ve made and the things you’ve accomplished this year? Make a list of specific phrases you would like someone to tell you to praise or encourage you. Then create an imaginary scenario (seen with your mind’s eye) in which someone tells you these things. Actually “hear” these things spoken to you. Alternatively, write down the scene and/or the praiseful statements and listen as you read them aloud.
- Imagining that you have the power to wave a magic wand and make your wishes come true, write a sentence or two about what you’d like to happen next year. Be as grand as you’d like!
- Make your Intention for this new year a concise sentence that says clearly what you’re envisioning or desiring. No censorship!
- Light a candle, burn some incense, ring a bell! In some way, make this moment special.
- As you gaze at the flame or imbibe the heady incense, read your Intention aloud. See, with your inner eye, your Intention coming true. See yourself living your life as if your Intention has already come true.
- Have a fabulous year!