NEW YORK SINGERS SUPPORT™
and Holistic Life Coaching
I offer skill, expertise and compassion to help anyone who wants to resolve
creative, psychological, health, musical or career issues.
Coach with Elena: Coaching Sessions and Workshops
Get the Great Creativity Toolkit using this special link,
and I’ll give you a month of coaching at 20% off!
THE GREAT CREATIVITY TOOLKIT
NEW YORK SINGERS SUPPORT™ and Holistic Life Coaching provides skilled and compassionate support for singers and others who want to experience transformation in their creative art and in their lives. All singers, other musicians, writers, actors, artists, dancers and other creatives are welcome, as well as people perhaps don’t work in the creative arts, but want to expand their creativity.
My coaching practice gets right to the heart of creativity and the creative life. It includes holistic life coaching, creativity coaching, career-specific strategies, and health coaching, depending on the individual’s needs. Our life is not segmented, but like a prism which reflects every aspect of ourselves, so neither is my coaching segmented; it encompasses the whole of life.
I work with all creative people, but my work is particularly beneficial for singers. Being a singer poses demands that no other professional has to face. With an instrument that is organic and sentient, there are unique challenges. It is my intention to support singers, as well as other performers, in being supremely healthy and vibrant performers, and in bringing their whole being freely, authentically and creatively to their performing.
My practice is both holistic—encompassing the whole person and their environment—and integrative—utilizing solutions from East, West and in between. In addition to coaching, I offer a comprehensive yet concise means of supporting and maintaining health that focuses on balance and draws on the best of all worlds.
As a multi-discipline creative artist and performer myself, I understand the unique needs of creative people. And as someone who has been in the New York City singing business for over 30 years, I know what you’re up against.
Most of all, I genuinely love helping singers and other creative people, and I’m here to help you get where you want to go with your life and career. Whatever issues you have or areas you want help with, I can and will help you find solutions. I want you to be out there creating and succeeding wildly!
I can help any creative at any stage of their career who wants to open creatively, resolve issues, develop career strategies, or learn how to support their physical and mental health while pursuing their career successfully.
~ ~ ~
We can work:
- through email;
- by phone or video;
- in workshops;
- through any combination of these.
It is totally possible and practical to work with me wherever you might live or work on the globe.
- Life Coaching/practical issues
- helping you live your values or life purpose;
- developing strategies for managing obstacles in the most effective manner;
- improving time management and manifesting of intentions or goals;
- expanding your vision of what your creative art can be in your life and manifesting that
- Health coaching
- maintaining your health—voice, body and mind—while living the challenging lifestyle of a singer;
- assessing physical problems, whether acute or chronic, which interfere with your singing life or get in the way of your performing, with recommendations or solutions for addressing;
- creating a highly effective and personalized mental and physical self-support system which is economical, non-harmful and totally unique to you
- developing healthy communication and boundaries so that you have more effective relationships and better health;
- connecting with the deep pool of healing and insight within you;
- addressing mood issues;
- overcoming body-mind issues, such as addiction and trauma
- Creativity Coaching
- formulating and accomplishing creative goals while navigating the practicalities of life;
- expanding creatively, so you can be your freest, most creative self;
- bringing more of your innate creativity to your performing or other creative art, as well as addressing any blocks to that expression when appropriate or desired
- Music and performance coaching
- addressing and conquering performance anxiety;
- assessment of technical and artistic challenges, with recommendations or solutions for addressing;
- crossover style—if you’re a classical singer I can help you prepare for auditions that require musical theater;
- embodying your voice fully, becoming more at one with your instrument;
- Career-specific strategies
- developing strategies to achieve your singing and performing goals;
- presenting yourself astutely to companies and directors so that you get auditions and jobs, and that you get re-hired;
- career planning and execution
People I can help:
- Any creative who wants to:
– address and conquer non-creative issues that impact their performing and/or creative life;
– achieve their creative and career goals;
– live life fully and meaningfully, all the while performing or creating freely;
– communicate well in any genre; or
– relate more easily to an audience or overcome performance anxiety.
I loved my creativity coaching with Elena. She encouraged me to identify and pursue my own goals related to creativity and helped me examine ways to carve out more time for creative projects. The questions she posed (for personal reflection) were particularly helpful in terms of increasing my awareness of the role of art in my life. This was a very positive experience. ~ Pam P., PhD, Artist
I’m a creative artist: a singer, instrumentalist (piano, flute, harp), producer/director of musical concerts, writer and visual artist.
I’m also a coach/counselor to creative artists and creative people, especially singers. I’ve lived in the world of New York vocal music for over 30 years, so I know the people, the obstacles and the solutions.
As a creative myself, I bring my understanding of the need for personal and spiritual expression through the arts to my healing work. I utilize my innate talents and training to help you in any way I can. I’ve spent years training myself to be a healer and coach by studying with the best in those fields so that I can help you be your freest and most creative self, while making your mark in the world.
I have a lifelong commitment to self-actualization for all, and, most of all, to promoting the power and flow of creativity in everyone. I have a keen interest in creative expression in all forms. I believe strongly that sharing our creative arts is a simple but extremely powerful means of enhancing communication and understanding, and that expression through the creative arts drives human evolution and therefore deserves and requires our respect and support. I very much want to bring healing to people through music, which I believe is the most transformational and uplifting tool on the planet. My life is dedicated to creativity and allowing it to flourish in all of us.
I also know the cost of living in this world as a creative artist. Creatives don’t receive a lot of support from society, as a rule, and their lifestyle is a particularly difficult path to tread.
I’ve been a holistic vocal coach and more recently an artistic coach of singers in my role as producer/director of concerts.
My background includes decades of experience and training in leading groups and working with individuals, certifications in a variety of healing modalities, and focused study in the areas of psychology, communication, meditation, nutrition, physiology, Ayurveda, herbology and the body-mind relationship. (For further information about this, see Counseling/Teaching Bio).
I’ve also done training in Creativity Coaching with the master of this type of support, Eric Maisel, who is the author of over 50 books about creativity and the creative life. After many years as a psychotherapist to creative artists, he founded the alternative field of Creativity Coaching, which gets right to the heart of creativity and provides a framework for living a truly creative life.
A former technical writer, I now write about creativity, the creative arts, psychology, communication, holistic health and social issues. I maintain a blog, write on Medium, have been published in PSYCHOLOGY TODAY and CLASSICAL SINGER, and I have two books on Kindle (HEALING and VOCAL COLLABORATORS), with another on the way (a memoir about trauma, the issue of our time).
In addition to holding a degree in Counseling Psychology / Human Development, I have certifications or have completed training in:
- Creativity Coaching (with Eric Maisel)
- Directing the Actor (Nina Foch)
- BRETH™ (certified by founder Kamala Hope-Campbell, who worked and trained with Stanislav Grof, Timothy Leary and John Lilly)
- MariEl™ healing (certified by founder Ethel Lombardi, one of the original ten American Reiki masters, who was initiated by Takata Sensei in Usui Reiki and who developed this offshoot of Reiki in response to its commercialization)
- CranioSacral® therapy
- CPR/First Aid
- Bach Flower Remedy® utilization
Don’t wait! I can help any creative person
who wants to resolve creative, psychological, physical or career issues.
Special introductory rate!
Get in touch with me NOW (click here) and move your career forward!
Purchase your sessions with Elena here: Coach with Elena.